Book 2, Post 1
Very rarely do I read for classes anymore. Truthfully, I don’t miss it. Getting assigned a book and being forced to hyper analyze it was never my forte. Sometimes though, I do miss the feeling of success when the novel just clicks; when the adrenaline kicks in when I connect the dots. Some of my favorite books in high school were the ones I read for World History. This is partially why I decided to read Wayfinders: Why Ancient Wisdom Matters in the Modern World by Wade Davis for my second book. Learning about history and the cultures that have come and go throughout the centuries has always fascinated me. It ultimately provides invaluable insights into the complexities of human societies that shape our world today, and this is exactly what I hope to gain out of Wayfinders.
Davis explores the diversity of indigenous culture around the world and the wisdom they offer. I anticipate following him on journey, enlightening myself on each culture’s unique perspectives. Thus, shifting my own perspective to recognize the value of the different ways of understanding the world. While I’m not entirely sure what to expect on this journey, I’m excited to start reading the book and will check in for updates on blog post 2!
Comments
Post a Comment